
I'm sorry everyone but I couldn't resist the temptation of posting something about the under rated Missile Command pseudo-record holder (I say pseudo because his score is NOT officially recognized due to the lovely Billy Mitchell.) Roy "Mr. Awesome" Shildt, fitness and pick-up artist extraordinaire. I have listed some of his interviews in the video bar to the left for all of your viewing pleasure! He, to this day, STILL holds the world record for M. C.! Unlike Billy Mitchell, Roy has never received the mass marketing as some prodigy or genius in the gaming industry especially through Twin Galaxies.
Yes, he did a spread in Playgirl. Yes, he did claim that celebrities such as Madonna has contacted him in regards to his fame. Yes, he is bitter that he didn't rise to stardom like Billy did BUT was his help to Steve Wiebe, with the purchase of the circuit board replacement for the DK gaming unit that Twin Galaxies destroyed, honest, with good faith, and support for the upcoming DK Champion? Who knows. It's quite possible that because Steve was acrewing the glory that Roy once sought maybe Roy was just living vicariously through Wiebe just for the meer pleasure of seeing his archnemesis under pressure of losing the crown title of Master of the Universe (Or was it Master of Bad Ties?) in the eyes of gamers across the nation.
All-in-all Mr. Awesome will remain awesome to those few faithful followers but as far as the feud with Billy Mitchell, the fight for truth remains an ongoing war that time can only resolve, or a live M.C. challenge of course. THE CHOICE IS YOURS! -Captain Planet, Yes I know I'm dorky.

No comments:
Post a Comment